Joint Notice by Seven Ministries to Launch 2013 National Work Safety Month
According to the decision of national work safety video conference and national work safety meeting, 2013(the 12th) National Work Safety Month will be launched in June 2013 to enhance publicity and education of work safety. Provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the central vernment, Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, relevant departments under the State Council and central SOEs are required to participate in the campaign. The arrangement is made as follow:
Scientific Outlook on Development is the guidance for the campaign. The key is to implement the spirit of 18th National Congress of CPC, and promote the strategy of safe development. The theme is “enhance safety foundation, promote safe development”. The event will stick to the principle of staying close to reality, life and the public to meet the needs of grassroots, enterprises and employees. Practical result is the focus of the event. A series of publicity and education activities will be carried out to increase the awareness of work safety, popularize relevant knowledge, uphold safety culture, thus preventing and curbing major accidents, ensuring sustained, steady improvement in work safety nationwide. The campaign will provide support for the fundamental improvement of work safety by offering intellectual impetus, cultural strength and public consensus.
(1) National Activities
1． Video conference to launch National Work Safety Month (31st, May)
2. Themed event to implement the Seven Regulations and the Seven Methods for coal mines
3． Case study week of work safety education
4． Publicity & consultation day (9th, June)
5． Safety culture week (10th -16th, June)
6． Week for exercising emergency plan (17th -23rd, June)
7． “A thousand miles publicity journey for work safety”
8. Forum themed “Enhance safety foundation, promote of safe development” , essay competition on safety culture, knowledge competition in relation to campaigns for cracking down on production that violates work safety laws and regulations.
9. “People first, Safety focus” National Photographic Exhibition, the 3rd National Calligraphy and Painting Exhibition on Work Safety
10News competition for National Work Safety Month and “A thousand miles publicity journey for work safety”
(2) Activities in different sectors
1． Labor Unions, Youth League, Women’s Federation, and education authority at different levels are ing to launch “Safety Cup” Competition, Campaign of Young Safety Supervisors, “Five-virtue” Program for Family Progress, and Safe Campus Project.
2． Publicity campaigns for work safety launched by traffic management department and fire department.
3． Publicity departments at different levels will broadcast themed program, publish special news columns, and display public service advertisement to carry out publicity activities.
(3) Regional activities
All regions and institutions should not only make great efforts to carry out national activities but also organize activities embodying regional features based on actual needs. National Work Safety Month should be integrated with routine publicity work and be closely interconnected with addressing prominent challenges for safe development. Publicity campaigns should be grassroots-oriented, targeted, and effective.
Publicity department of CPC, State Administration of Work Safety, Ministry of Public Security, State General Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television, All China Federation of Trade Unions, central committee of Chinese Communist Youth League, All-China Women’s Federation jointly carry out activities in relation to National Work Safety Month.
Cadres from relevant ministries and chief of press will establish organizing committee of National Work Safety Month (which will be hereinafter referred to as the organizing committee). The organizing committee will be responsible for strategic planning of the event and the making of important decisions.
Office of the organizing committee will be located in the Publicity and Education Center of SAWS. The organizing committee will direct, coordinate, and supervise National Work Safety Month in different regions, departments, sectors and central SOEs and carry out some of the large publicity activities.
Regions, departments and enterprises should also establish their own organizing committee of National Work Safety Month to implement concrete and relevant work.
Regions, departments and enterprises should observe the coordinated plan of the organizing committee. (The activity guide will be release separately.) Planning should be started early so as to better deploy preparation for featured publicity campaigns. According the Performance Evaluation Method for National Work Safety Month (tentative version), all departments involved will be assessed for their performance so as to ensure satisfactory progress of the event.
(1) Themed event to implement the Seven Regulations and the Seven Methods for coal mines. Recently, SAWS adopted the Seven Regulations to Protect Safety of Miners and the Seven Critical Methods to Ensure Work Safety in Coal Mines. All regions should ensure these Regulations and Methods are implemented to the letter in all relevant fields and achieve practical results. Coal producing areas and relevant departments should carry out publicity program and enhance safety supervision at the same time. These regions and divisions should enhance training and inspection, commend those who are doing well and punish those who are not competent. We will implement the Seven Regulations and the Seven Methods in various channels and at different levels to ensure they are effectively in place and achieve tangible results.
(2) Publicity campaigns for work safety launched by traffic management department and fire department. All regions should mobilize enterprises, SME in particular, to hold exhibition on case study and simulation of accidents. We will arrange relevant persons to watch publicity videos such as Tremendous Achievements in Safe Development, case study video such as The Sorrow, and The Responsibility as well as Review of Case Study of Accidents (2013). We will hold symposium to reflect on lessons from accidents, teach knowledge on work safety, and improve safety awareness so as to improve work safety.
(3) Publicity & consultation day. All regions should innovate in forms and contents in holding this activity. The activity should be grassroots-oriented, and achieve practical results. This activity should be carried out based on the actual needs of the people. Media, 12350 Hot Line, exhibition and on-spot Q&A will be used as major ways. Consultation and service on knowledge in relation to the Seven Regulations, the Seven Methods, occupational health &safety, utilization of equipment and protective gears will be provided to the general public and workers.
(4) Safety culture week. All regions and enterprises should carry out publicity programs which are pleasing to people. Publicity methods such as exhibition, micro-film, and public service advertisement will be used to improve the influence of National Work Safety Month and the Seven Regulations as well as the Seven Methods so as to laid a solid foundation for safety culture. Film tour themed “Safety Film, Grassroots Orientation” will be launched. Films such as Head of Work Safety Bureau, Zero Fatality will be broadcasted. A song entitled Safeguard Life will be popularized. Art show and publicity program to enhance awareness of work safety laws and regulations will be arranged according to local conditions. As a result, more people will have clearer picture of work safety laws and regulations as well as safety culture thus creating a favorable environment for work safety.
(5) Week for exercising emergency plan. Regions and departments will carry out exercise of emergency response plan at different levels and in diversified form to laid a solid foundation for emergency response, enhance awareness, and master key points in response to emergency.
(6) 15th “A thousand miles publicity journey for work safety”. The organizing committee has decided that mainstream media will provide in-depth coverage of safe development strategy, enhancement of safety foundation in Xinjiang. Media offer in-depth coverage on the campaigns for cracking down on production that violates work safety laws and regulations as well as the implementation of the Seven Regulations and the Seven Methods in Xinjiang. The above-mentioned points will be the focus of the press coverage in Xinjiang. “Work Safety Journey in Xinjiang” will be held. The Journey will highlight work safety in coal mines, non coal mines, traffic safety, and petrochemical industry. Relevant local vernment and departments should proactively facilitate the arrangement of the activity.
(7) We should give full play to the advantages of different departments in publicity campaign. Labor unions, Youth League, Women’s Federation at all levels should mobilize workers to identify safety & health hazards, hold skill competitions so as to enhance safety awareness and improve skills. Traffic management department and fire department should organize themed publicity program on work safety during National Work Safety Month. The purpose is to implement instructions by the State Council and relevant ministries. Publicity department should steer media to enhance the coverage in various forms so as to increase the influence of National Work Safety Month.
(8) Regional activities. Regions and departments should carry out activities with local characteristics, such as hazard identification week, safety training week, week for boosting work safety standardization, publicity week for occupational health, and week for safety & health in SMEs. Targeted, effective publicity programs will be launched for grassroots, for example, meeting, exhibition, seminars, singing competition, art show, video broadcast and delivering progress of safety science to local level.
(9) Reporting on the progress of National Work Safety Month. All regions should enhance follow-up of National Work Safety Month. Ministries, regions, and central SOEs should report the plan of National Work Safety Month prior to 19th of April and report the summary of the event prior to 6th of July in paper and e-version.
Publicity department of CPC
State Administration of Work Safety
Ministry of Public Security
State General Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television
All China Federation of Trade Unions
central committee of Chinese Communist Youth League
All-China Women’s Federation
26th of March, 2013